If you’ve been following along with us here at AllEars, it’s probably safe to say that you classify yourself as a big Disney fan. And, where can you find the biggest gathering of Disney fans? The D23 Expo!
this year, the D23 Expo will take place from September 9th through the 11th in Southern California at the Anaheim Convention Center. And, if you were one of those lucky enough to get tickets (they sold out FAST!) then you’ve got a lot to look forward to! We’ve already shared a sneak peek at some of the things that will be featured at the expo (like a costume contest) and now we’ve got a look at SIX exclusive panels and showcases that are going to be MUST-DO’s for your weekend!
D23 just revealed parts of the schedule and it looks like the weekend will be jam-packed with LOTS of Disney news.
From updates about new things coming to the Disney Parksto announcements about upcoming Marvel and Star Wars movies and Disney+ series, to a full concert — it’s time to mark your calendar for these presentations that will take place in “Hall D23.”
Friday, September 9th
- Disney100 Kick Off at 10:30AM — Disney100 kicks off with an epic presentation that includes the Disney Legends Awards Ceremony, featuring Disney CEO Bob Chapek. Legends will once again honor those visionaries and artists who have made significant contributions to the Disney legacy. Look for the names of the 2022 inductees to be announced in the coming weeks.
- What’s On the Horizon for Disney Entertainment at 3:30PM — Presentation featuring new details, first looks, sneak peeks, surprises, and announcements regarding upcoming theatrical and Disney+ titles from Disney Live Action, Pixar Animation Studios, and Walt Disney Animation Studios. Studio heads, filmmakers, and cast members will come together onstage with the inside scoop on some of these studios’
most exciting titles.
Saturday, September 10th
- Marvel and Lucasfilm Sneak Peeks at 10AM — Filmmakers, celebrity talent and surprise guests join representatives from Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm, among others, onstage in Hall D23 to showcase theatrical and Disney+ titles. Going behind the scenes of these studios’ highly anticipated films, specials and series, attendees will see exclusive footage and be among the first to learn what’s in the works.
- Disney Branded Television Previews at 3:30PM — Disney Branded Television presents on exclusive showcase of upcoming content that will carry on the legacy of excellence in storytelling with a look at the new Disney+ Original series National Treasure, American Born Chinese, and The Santa Clause. The showcase will include talent appearances and never-before-seen sneak previews of original content for Disney+, Disney Channel, and Disney Junior.
Sunday, September 11th
- Disney park update at 10:30AM — Join Disney Parks, Experiences and Products Chairman Josh D’Amaro for a look at Disney’s boundless future. With announcements and updates on the magic happening around the world in parks, on the high seas, at home, and beyond, attendees will get a behind-the-scenes look at the big dreams of Disney Imagineers.
- Disney Princess—The Concert at 4:15PM — Disney Concerts presents a special performance of Disney Princess – The Concertfeaturing Tony nominee Susan Egan (Broadway’s original ‘Belle’ in beauty and the beast, ‘Meg’ in Disney’s animated feature Hercules), Broadway.com Audience Award nominee Isabelle McCalla (‘Princess Jasmine’ in Aladdin, The Prom), Disney Channel star Anneliese van der Pol (That’s So Raven, Raven’s HomeBroadway’s final ‘Belle’ in Beauty and the Beast), and Broadway World Award–winner Syndee Winters (Broadway’s ‘Nala’ in The Lion King, Hamilton). Music Director Benjamin Rauhala (Fiddler on the Roof, The Secret Life of Bees) and enchanting Prince Adam J. Levy (Moulin Rouge) also wants to join the quartet. The acclaimed cast will perform favorite Disney Princess and Frozen songs including classics such as “Part of Your World,” “Let It Go,” “A Whole New World,” “Colors of the Wind” and “Almost There.” The performers will share exclusive, hilarious, and heartfelt behind-the-scenes stories from their time on the stage and screen.
Note that the schedule is subject to change other more presentations will be announced soon!
Want to get in on the weekend but don’t have tickets yet? D23 has limited availability of single-day tickets for Friday and Sunday, but you’ll have to hurry! The one-day tickets are $99 for adults and $79 for kids ages 3-12. All 3-day passes and one-day Saturday tickets are sold out.
Of course, we’ll be on the lookout for the FULL schedule and any other exciting details that are announced so be sure to stay tuned to AllEars for the latest!
Check out some of the exclusive merchandise that will be available at D23 this year HERE!
Join the AllEars.net Newsletter to stay on top of ALL the breaking Disney News! You’ll also get access to AllEars tips, reviews, trivia, and MORE! Click here to Subscribe!
Are you going to the D23 Expo this year? Let us know in the comments!