At Disney World, things are constantly changing.
That’s true even in Disney World restaurants. New foods are always appearing, special snacks pop up for holidays and other occasions, and even menus sometimes get a complete overhaul. Today, we’ve got some menu changes to share with you at an EPCOT restaurant.
The restaurant is Chef de France, located in the France Pavilion. If you’ve never been there, it’s an authentic French bistro where you can dine on classics such as escargot, French onion soup, and profiteroles. However, if you plan on dining there soon, we’ve got some menu changes you need to be aware of.
Let’s start with Appetizers: the Salade aux lardons et croutons has a minor description change. Instead of having diced smoked bacon and homemade croutons, it’s now described as just selected greens, house vinaigrette dressing, bacon, tomatoes, croutons.
Here’s what’s been updated with Entries:
- ADDED: Brochette de crevettes a la Basque, Aurore sauce — Large shrimp marinated in tomato & garlic griddled served on corn, mushrooms, shallots, with cauliflower, tomato velouté sauce for $32
- Filet de saumon marine au vin blanc et citron, riz, champagne sauce is now described as White wine and Lemon marinated sustainable Salmon, broiled and served with rice, sweet peas & carrots, champagne sauce (the changes are sustainable salmon and the addition of sweet peas & carrots) and price increased from $33.95 to $34.95
- REMOVED: Salade du chef au chicken
- ADDED: Macaroni gratin — Macaroni baked with cream and Gruyère cheese for $24.95
- ADDED: Chicken Fermier rôti à la Lyonnaise, purée de pommes de terre — Half all natural rotisserie chicken, mashed potatoes, tomato vinegar sauce for $31.90
- ADDED: Boeuf Bourguignon, linguine increased from $32.95 to $33.95
- Filet de boeuf grillé, sauce au poivre vert pommes purée et haricots verts is now served with Grilled tenderloin of beef with green peppercorn sauce, potato gratin, green beans (the potato gratin replaces mashed potatoes
Even the desserts on the menu got an update. Here’s what’s changed:
- Creme brulee increased from $11.95 to $13
- Tarte au chocolate Valrhona, ice cream a la vanilla is now served with Vanilla Ice Cream and price increased from $12.95 to $13.95
- REMOVED: Salade de fruits rouges a la menthe, madeleine
- ADDED: Gâteau au agrumes, crème fraise citron vert, fruits rouges tiède — Citrus cake, strawberry lime cream, warm berries compote for $12.95
the Price fixed menu price has also changed. This menu includes choice of one appetizer, one entrée and one dessert. One glass of Chardonnay, or Cabernet Sauvignon Georges Duboeuf or one Non Alcoholic Beverage. The price increased from $65.95 to $67.95.
Some wines have also seen price increases:
- Sparkling, Veuve Dubarry, Cuvee Prestige, Brut increased from $35.50 per bottle to $54.95 per bottle and from $7.75 per glass to $9.95 per lens
- Pouilly Fuisse, Paul Bocuse, 2018 increased from $93.50 per bottle to $97.75 per bottle and from $19.25 per glass to $20 per glass
The following cocktails now cost more, too:
- Coupe de Champagne increased from $17.95 to $18.95
- Kir Royal increased from $18.25 to $19.25
If you plan on visiting Chefs de France, just keep these menu changes in mind. We always recommend to check a restaurant’s menu before you visit so you don’t get surprised if any of your favorite items have changed or disappeared. It’s also a good idea to give you an idea of what your meal might cost if budget is a concern. We post menu changes regularly here, too, so we’ll try to make sure you have all the updates you need.
We do recommend making an advanced dining reservation for Chefs de France, as it is a popular dining spot in EPCOT. You can do that by calling 714-781-DINE or reserving directly through the Disney World website or My Disney Experience app.
Have you ever dined at Chefs de France? Let us know what you thought about it in the comments!