The Happiest Place on Earth just experienced a relatively low-key month. With lovely weather persistent throughout May, guests flock to the parks.
However, people don’t visit as much in May as they will during June, July, and August.
Once school ends across the country, more tourists visit Southern California. But notably, the impact isn’t as significant as at Walt Disney World.
That’s because Disneyland Resort still skews local. As such, its average wait times don’t possess the waves and crests that we track in Orlando.
So, here are the Disney wait times for the past month, which should look like the ones from last time.
Last month, I said something that immediately proved itself a cold take. I commented that Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance never requires the same waits at Disneyland Park.
Immediately afterward, Disney’s Hollywood Studios suddenly managed the traffic flow at its Rise of the Resistance better.
So, for the first time I ever saw, the Disneyland version required a longer wait, albeit by a matter of minutes.
Did the same thing hold this month? Well, Rise of the Resistance averaged an 80-minute wait for the past month, a drop of four minutes from last time.
As I say, Disneyland traffic remains relatively static in most circumstances. Meanwhile, the Hollywood Studios version has returned to the 100-minute range.
The status quo has returned, albeit not until the wait times had played a prank on me.
Average Waits at Disneyland Park
Here are the other average wait times at Disneyland Park for the past month:
- Space Mountain – 75 minutes, up to 6
- Indiana Jones Adventure – 60 minutes, up 1
- Splash Mountain—56 minutes, down 3
- Matterhorn Bobsleds – 55 minutes, no change
- Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run – 54 minutes, down 4
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad – 49 minutes, down 2
- Haunted Mansion – 44 minutes, up to 2
- Peter Pan’s Flight – 41 minutes, up to 3
- Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters – 39 minutes, up 4
- Alice in Wonder – 38 minutes, up to 4
- Jungle Cruise – 37 minutes, down 2
- Dumbo the Flying Elephant – 36 minutes, down 1
- Astro Orbiter – 34 minutes, down 2
- Star Tours – The Adventures Continue! – 33 minutes, down 3
- Autopia – 30 minutes, down 3
- Storybook Land Canal Boats – 29 minutes, no change
- Snow White’s Enchanted Wish – 28 minutes, up 3
- It’s a Small World – 27 minutes, up 2
- Toad’s Wild Ride – 26 minutes, up 1
- Casey Jr Circus Train – 25 minutes, up 2
- The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh – 22 minutes, no change
- Pinocchio’s Daring Journey – 21 minutes, no change
- Disneyland Railroad – 20 minutes, up 1
- Mad Tea Party – 18 minutes, up 2
- King Arthur Carrousel – 16 minutes, no change
- Davy Crockett’s Explorer Canoes – 14 minutes, up 2
- Disneyland Monorail – 9 minutes, down 7
As you can tell, rides hovered in the same range as last time. The average wait time was 36 minutes, just like last month.
We will likely track a change of three or four minutes next month, but it’ll be a gradual bump rather than a large one…at least I hope.
Disney California Adventure
Since the advent of Avengers Campus, Marvel attractions have maintained a spot in the top five for overall wait times here.
However, the cream has risen to the top once more. Radiator Springs Racers, which isn’t even open as I type this, is back in first place.
The crown jewel of Cars Land averaged a wait of 81 minutes, which is down 10 minutes from last time.
Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT! moved up to second place this week, which is a bit of a surprise.
The Guardians ride – no longer the only one in the United States! – averaged a wait of 65 minutes, a 10-minute increase. So, we’re even steven after two rides.
For the first time ever, WEBSLINGERS – A Spider-Man Adventure fell out of the top two, which is terrific news for park guests.
Tourists waited an average of 59 minutes, a decline of three minutes. After less than a year in operation, it’s already under an hour in wait time.
That’s a rare feat for Disney these days and speaks to how well Imagineers are prioritizing ride throughput.
We’re still low in data thus far, but the brand spankin’ new Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind at EPCOT is demonstrating some of the same traits with its throughput.
Wait Times at Disney California Adventure
Here are the other wait times at Disney California Adventure (DCA):
- Toy Story Midway Mania! – 56 minutes, no change
- Soarin’ Around the World – 51 minutes, no change
- Monsters, Inc. Mike & Sulley to the Rescue! – 42 minutes, up 1
- The Incredicoaster – 37 minutes, down 2
- Goofy’s Sky School – 36 minutes, down 5
- Grizzly River Run – 35 minutes, down 4
- Pixar Pal-A-Round – 29 minutes, down 2
- Luigi’s Rollickin’ Roadsters – 28 minutes, up 2
- Inside Out Emotional Whirlwind – 23 minutes, down 1
- Mater’s Junkyard Jamboree – 19 minutes, down 2
- Little Mermaid ~ Ariel’s Undersea Adventures – 16 minutes, down 1
- Silly Symphony Swings – 16 minutes, up 2
- Jumpin’ Jellyfish – 13 minutes, down 3
- Golden Zephyr – 8 minutes, down 3
- Jessie’s Critter Carousel – 5 minutes, down 3
Overall, guests waited an average of 33 minutes for DCA attractions this past month. That’s a three-minute drop from last time.
So, the crowds were ever so slightly lower at Disneyland Resort for the month of May.
However, the change was so negligible that guests likely only noticed on the most popular attractions.
Thanks for visiting MickeyBlog.com! Want to go to Disney? For a FREE quote on your next Disney vacation, please fill out the form below and one of the agents from MickeyTravels, a Platinum level Authorized Disney Vacation Planner, will be in touch soon!
Feature Photo:Photo: Disneyland