You can feel it in the (warm) air: The school year is winding down, the pools are starting to open, and you are getting ready to go on your Walt Disney World summer vacation! And, Walt Disney World is getting ready to welcome us with all types of new savory and sweet dining options and items coming to some of our favorite locations!
Tony’s Town Square Restaurant Adds New Menu Items
To spice things up a it this Summer, Tony’s Town Square Restaurant in the Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World has added the following new items to their menu:
- Tony’s Garlic Bread
- Toy Box Tomato Salad
- Oven Roasted Shrimp Scampi
- Butcher’s Steak
- Orecchiette with Spicy Italian Sausage
- Penne with Chicken al Forno
- Tiramisu cannoli
- Italian Strawberry Shortcake
- Tony’s Spumoni Tart
- Mandarin celle custard
Pizza Rolls Roll Into EPCOT
Keeping with the Italian theme, there are two new options on the menu over at Sunshine Seasons in EPCOT: Cheese Pizza Rolls and Pepperoni Pizza Rolls!
Which one will you pick?
Salt & Straw Opens at Disney Springs at Walt Disney World
Just in time for the hot Summer heat, Salt & Straw has officially opened in Disney Springs at Walt Disney World!
Salt & Straw offers guests a variety of ice cream flavors as well as always-popular flavors. Make sure to come back every month too, as each month this ice cream shop will offer a rotating cast of flavors.
We were there a few weeks ago for the official grand opening and can confirm that flavors don’t disappoint!
New Menu Debuts at Marketplace Snacks in Disney Springs
Keeping with the theme of staying cool in Disney Springs, Marketplace Snacks has just debuted Mickey and Friends Bubble Waffle Sundaes. Options include:
- Mickey Waffle Sundae: Vanilla soft serve, hot fudge, cookie crumbles, and white crisp pearls
- Minnie Waffle Sundae: Vanilla soft serve, strawberry topping, sliced strawberries, and white chocolate crisp pearls
- Donald’s Waffle Sundae: Vanilla soft serve, lemon curd, and blueberries
- Goofy’s Peanut Waffle Sundae: Vanilla and chocolate soft serve with hot fudge, peanuts, sliced bananas, sliced strawberries, M&M minis, and a cherry on top
- Pluto’s Waffle Sundae: Chocolate soft serve, chocolate covered pretzels, peanut butter sauce, and milk chocolate crisp pearls
More Vegan Options Come to Walt Disney World This Summer
Keeping up with a vegan diet during your Walt Disney World vacation this Summer just got easier with the addition of these items to Walt Disney World Resort Hotels:
- Plant-Based Mickey Shaped Frittata: Features tomato, spinach, onions, and “mozzarella.” Served with potatoes and mixed fruit.
- IMPOSSIBLE burgers: Features an IMPOSSIBLE patty topped with Carolina-style barbecued jackfruit, pickled slaw, and “cheddar”, and served with french fries
These options can be found at:
- Intermission Food Court at Disney’s All-Star Music Resort
- World Premiere Food Court at Disney’s All-Star Movies Resort
- End Zone Food Court at Disney’s All-Star Sports Resort
- Everything POP Shopping & Dining at Disney’s Pop Century Resort
- Landscape of Flavors at Disney’s Art of Animation Resort,
- Centertown Market at Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort
- Riverside Mill Food Court at Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – Riverside
- Sassagoula Floatworks and Food Factory at Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – French Quarter.
Chow Down at The Grand Floridian with These New Options
New sweet and savory items have arrived at two locations in Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa just in time for the Summer rush!
Grand Florida Cafe
Grand Floridian Cafe has added back some old favorites to its menu for “Blunch!” (lunch and dinner)
- Ruben: Served with coleslaw and steak fries
- Chicken and Waffles: Hand-breaded chicken breast and malted waffle with a sriracha-honey drizzle
- Cafe Meatloaf: House-made turkey meatloaf with smashed red bliss potatoes, broccolini, and mushroom gravy
- Shrimp and Grits: Jumbo shrimp with chorizo and fennel perfectly paired with a deliciously creamy, mascarpone cheese grits
- Caramelized Onion Soup Gratin: Traditional French onion soup
Gasparilla Island Grill
Celebrate the kick off of Summer at Walt Disney World with these new, tasty treats:
- Cheshire Cat Wildberry Mousse: Swirls of wildberry mousse, berry compote, and cake crumbles topped with a white chocolate Cheshire Cat
- Orange Bird Cake Pops: Yellow cake pop swirled with citrus-scented buttercream to look like this iconic character
- Brownie Crispy Cone: Ice cream cone filled with caramel-swirled brownie topped with a crisped rice treat, white chocolate drizzle, and sprinkles
Wow! I don’t know about you but I am ready to start planning my Walt Disney World Summer vacation now just to try all of these new items! Which ones are you going to try first? Let us know in the comments below!
It’s not too late to start planning your Summer vacation at Walt Disney World! But hurry because rooms are VERY limited! Fill out the form below or send an email to Holly@MickeyTravels.com for a FREE, no-obligation quote to book your Disney vacation.
As an agent with Mickey Travels (a Platinum Earmarked Agency), I will be on hand to help you with everything from finding your perfect package and I offer rate monitoring to ensure you are receiving the best rate available by Disney! I work with all Disney Destinations and destinations outside of Disney. Best of all, my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch via email at Holly@MickeyTravels.com or calling 954.401.9577. Also, make sure to CLICK HERE to follow along with my Facebook page for all things Disney and giveaways!
Image/Source Credit: Disney