Okay, we will spend our third straight week trying to find the Spring Break impact at the parks.
So far, the impact on line sizes has been negligible at best. Did that change over the past week?
We will decide in the latest Walt Disney World wait times for the first week of April 2022.
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
Okay, we’ll get off to a bad start this week while hoping it doesn’t mean anything.
Avatar Flight of Passage increased its wait time from 94 minutes last time to 104 minutes over the past seven days.
Generally, there’s a halo effect on everything else when this attraction’s wait time goes up.
What was the case last week? Here are the other average wait times at Animal Kingdom:
- Kilimanjaro Safaris – 80 minutes, up to 10
- Na’vi River Journey – 75 minutes, down 4
- Kali River Rapids – 55 minutes, up 14
- DINOSAUR – 35 minutes, down 3
- Tricera Top Spin – 24 minutes, up 2
- It’s Tough to Be a Bug – 16 minutes, up 1
Overall, guests waited 57 minutes for Animal Kingdom attractions. That’s an increase of 6 minutes from last time.
I will add that Kali River Rapids skews the data a bit. Due to colder weather, the ride’s wait times were lower than usual toward the end of March.
If not for that anomaly, the wait times would appear more static relative to last week.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
As usual, we should all hold our breath as we discuss Hollywood Studios, the Disney park where the mobs form.
The popularity of recent additions like Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge and Toy Story Land have placed demand here on an upward trajectory.
We won’t know for sure for another several months, but I strongly suspect it’s the second-most trafficked park in Orlando these days.
The alpha here is always Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance, whose 140-minute average wait represents a modest three-minute increase from last time.
Here’s everything else at the park:
- Twilight Zone Tower of Terror – 120 minutes, down 4
- Slinky Dog Dash – 116 minutes, up 1
- Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run – 92 minutes, up 7
- Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway – 76 minutes, no change
- Toy story mania! – 71 minutes, down 5
- Alien Swirling Saucers – 48 minutes, up 4
- Star Tours – The Adventures Continue – 36 minutes, up to 6
- Red Carpet Dreams – 34 minutes, up 4
- Celebrity Spotlight – 16 minutes, up 1
- Lightning McQueen’s Racing Academy – 15 minutes, up 1
- Muppet*Vision 3D – 12 minutes, up 2
So, that’s quite the mixed bag right there. It’s relatively unusual to track so many attractions vacillate between up or down from last time.
Overall, the average wait time held at 57 minutes, the same as last week.
Frozen Ever After is once again the attraction with the longest line at EPCOT this week.
Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure and it have flip-flopped for a while. However, the initial demand for Ratatouille has been met.
Now, the lower throughput at Frozen Ever After has positioned it at the top, although that status will prove temporary.
We just learned that Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind will open during Memorial Day Weekend.
At that point, the roller coaster will become the new alpha at EPCOT and possibly even the entirety of Walt Disney World.
For the past week, Frozen Ever After averaged a wait of 98 minutes, an increase of three minutes from last time.
Meanwhile, Ratatouille required a wait of 88 minutes, a drop of 14 minutes.
Here are the rest of EPCOT’s wait times:
- Test Track – 71 minutes, up to 5
- Soarin’ Around the World – 46 minutes, no change
- Mission: SPACE – 33 minutes, down 2
- Spaceship Earth – 31 minutes, no change
- Living with the Land – 29 minutes, up to 4
- The Seas with Nemo & Friends – 28 minutes, down 5
- Royal Sommerhus – 22 minutes, up to 5
- Journey into Imagination with Figment – 21 minutes, down 3
- Gran Fiesta Tour Starring the Three Caballeros – 19 minutes, up to 7
- Turtle Talk with Crush – 15 minutes, down 3
Overall, EPCOT attractions averaged a wait of 40 minutes, down a minute from last time.
So, barring something unforeseen with Magic Kingdom, we appear relatively static week over week.
Okay, we’ve only got one park left. So, let’s get to it.
Here are the waiting times at Magic Kingdom for the past seven days:
- Seven Dwarfs Mine Train – 104 minutes, down 6
- Jungle Cruise – 86 minutes, down 2
- Splash Mountain – 78 minutes, up 2
- Peter Pan’s Flight – 77 minutes, down 3
- Space Mountain – 65 minutes, up 3
- Haunted Mansion – 61 minutes, up 1
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad – 55 minutes, down 9
- Pirates of the Caribbean – 50 minutes, down 1
- Astro Orbiter – 49 minutes, down 3
- Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin – 48 minutes, down 4
- Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh – 46 minutes, no change
- It’s a Small World – 45 minutes, up 1
- The Barnstormer – 42 minutes, up to 5
- Magic Carpets of Aladdin – 39 minutes, up 1
- Under the Sea ~ Journey of the Little Mermaid – 39 minutes, no change
- Dumbo the Flying Elephant – 38 minutes, down 3
- Tomorrowland Speedway – 35 minutes, up 4
- Princess Fairytale Hall – 34 minutes, up 1
- Mad Tea Party – 25 minutes, down 3
- Tomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMover – 24 minutes, up to 5
- Prince Regal Carrousel – 21 minutes, up 3
- Mickey’s PhilharMagic – 20 minutes, up 3
- Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor – 19 minutes, down 1
- Town Square Theater – 13 minutes, down 2
- Country Bear Jamboree – 10 minutes, down 1
- Walt Disney’s Carousel of Progress – 5 minutes, no change
So, all the parks demonstrated weird behavior this week, but the overall trend at Magic Kingdom was down.
The average attraction here required a wait of 42 minutes, down a minute from last time.